Course Management System - UET Taxila
to the course website.
- Lecture Notes Section Updated
- Graded Assignment 2 Uploaded to Assignments Section
- Send assigments by to email@example.com with subject "VoIP Assignment 2"
- Last date for submission of Assignment 2 is 20th July 2010
- Final Exam will be 40% Objective and 60% Subjective
- The Subjective part will be from Lecture slides 1 to 4
- There will be viva from practical work done during this course (Labs and Videos)
COURSE DESCRIPTIONWelcome to IP Telephony and VoIP Lecture Website!
In the past five years, technologies have converged to such an extent that one can transmit voice, fax and video over the same Internet Protocol Network that one uses for data.
This course examines Voice over IP (VoIP) technologies and provides you with the skills to competently implement a VoIP network for your organisation. Numerous case studies and exercises throughout the course ensure that you get a good grasp on the technologies used. Solid practical advice is given on application, implementation and most importantly troubleshooting these systems.
At the end of this course students will:
- Understand how Voice over IP works and compares to Public Switched Telephone Network
- Understand the basics of VPN and International Telephony
- Be able to do a voice over IP cost-benefit analysis for your organisation
- Understand how VoIP protocols work together
- Be able to assess other WAN transport alternatives for VoIP
- Understand the fundamentals of H.323 VoIP standard
- Know how to implement a simple VoIP system
- Be able to deal with packet loss, packet delay, packet jitter, signal echo and other QOS issues.
The course aims to make students capable of selecting and installing VoIP telecommunications systems while understanding the basic concepts regarding how to make "best practice" decisions on the best and most cost effective implementation of Voice over IP for enterprise business and todays organisations.