University of Engineering and Technology Taxila,
I Joined UET Taxila as Vice Chancellor
in December 2014. Since then I am heading all the University
statutory bodies i.e., Syndicate, Academic Council,
Finance & Planning Committee, and Selection Board.
I am actively involved in streamlining
various processes and providing vision for the future
development of the University.
i. Rector, National Textile University, Faisalabad
(2009 – 2014)
ii. Vice Chairman (Punjab), Pakistan Engineering Council
iii. Convener, (Accreditation Board) EA & QEC, Pakistan
Engineering Council 2009- to date
iv. Deputy Convener, EA&QEC (2008-09)
v. Founder Director, Inst. of Quality & Tech. Management,
University of the Punjab (2004-2009)
vi. Founder Director, Quality Enhancement Cell, University
of the Punjab (2006-2009)
vii. Advisor Students, University of the Punjab (2005-2007)
viii. Deputy Chairman, Hall Council, University of the
ix. Head Quality Management Division (QMD), University
of the Punjab (2002-04)
x. Member Senate, University of the Punjab (2003- 2009)
Nov. 1985 - Nov. 1987 Worked as a Chemical
Engineer in Higher Polymer Industry, Pakistan
Dec. 1987 - Sept.1988 Worked as a A.E (Chemical)
Oct. 1988 - July 1995 Lecturer in Chemical
Technology at the Institute of Chemical Engg. &
Technology, Punjab University Lahore
July 18, 1995- to July. 1999 Assistant Professor
in Chemical Engg. at Punjab University. Head
Chemical Engg Division at BTI, Bahrain from
Jan. 1998-March 2000 by getting leave from University.
July, 1999 - Jan. 23, 2003 Associate Professor,
at Inst. of Chemical Engineering & Technology
Jan. 24, 2003- July 31, 2009 Professor,
Punjab University, Lahore.
July 31, 2009- July 31,2013 Rector,
National Textile University, Faisalabad (Tenure-I)
August 1, 2013- December 2014 (Tenure-II)
Ph. D Supervision
10 Ph. D students are working under my Supervision
New Disciplines Established
Following two new disciplines, have been established
by me from scratch:
1. Chemical Engineering Discipline in State of Bahrain
2. Quality Management Division at Punjab University
Following new courses/programs were designed by me in
Punjab University & in State of Bahrain:
A. Courses/Programs Designed
at University of the Punjab
• Designed Environmental Engineering Courses for
Chemical Engineering Graduates
• Designed M. Sc, PGD and Short Courses on Quality
B. Courses/Programs Designed at Bahrain Training
• Designed all the Diploma and Degree Programs
in Chemical Engineering.
• Designed a more specialized one- year Diploma
(full-time program) on Surface Treatment.
C. Laboratories Established
The following labs were established and equipment were
put in operation at Bahrain Training Institute
- Unit Operations Lab.
- Fuel Technology Lab.
- Chemistry and Chemical Technology lab.
- Heat and Mass Transfer lab.
- Fluid Flow Lab.
Research Projects Completed
1. "Gaseous Emissions Control in CFB" Financial
Grant from British Coal, UK
2. "Industrial Hazardous Waste Management in Punjab
Province" sponsored by EPA Punjab) Pakistan, 1997.
3. "Experimental and theoretical studies on liquid-liquid
extraction in a pulsed column.
4. Effect of Nitrogen Contents and lowering heating
value of gas on Thermal Efficiency of Boilers.
Chemical Plant Design and Process Experience
- Experimental study on Air Pollution and its Control
in the Vicinity of Ittehad Chemicals, Lahore
- Experimental and theoretical studies on the factors
influencing the extraction efficiency in a pulsed
- Mathematical model for the combustion of char in
circulating fluidized beds
- Characteristic study of the Industrial effluents
being discharged in Kala Shah Kaku, Lahore Pakistan
- Effluent Treatment Plant Design for Pulp and Paper
- Effluent Treatment Plant Design for Glaxo-Wellcome
- Effluent Treatment Plant Design for Fertilizer
- Effluent Treatment Plant Design for Tanneries
- Manufacture of Silica Gel from sodium silicate
- Flue Gas Desulphurization technique for 26 MW power
plant burning oil with 3% Sulphur.
- Manufacture of 24 Tons/day Acrylonitrile from hydrogen
cyanide and Acetylene.
- Experimental study of saponification catalyst used
in manufacturing of soap.
- Plant Design on the manufacture of 5 T/D of Silver
- Plant Design report on the manufacture of 5 T/D
- Plant Design report on the manufacture of 30, 000
T/Y of Ethylene Glycol Starting from ethylene oxide.
- Performance of water-water turbulent heat exchanger
- Energy Scenario of the State of Bahrain
- Liquid Effluents being discharged from Petroleum
Refinery & Fertilizer Plant.