Departmental Placement Cell
Majority of the Students at UET, Taxila are from both rural and urban areas of the province of Punjab.
An active dedicated departmental placement office facilitates our students for internship and
search job through the correspondence with public/private sector industries. The department
invites experts from different areas of the industry for workshop/seminar to address students
about the new requirements/trends of the related industry. Furthermore, at university level
the Open-House is oftenly conducted each year for the career placement. The placement
office facilitates employers for Interview/test arrangements. Teachers in their own
individual capacities and personal contacts also help graduates in this regard. Furthermore,
the placement office also runs a Facebook page that advertises available positions for fresh graduates.
The Placement Office is facilitating students in the following:
- To place graduate students in their respective fields of study.
- Facilitating students in finding internships in the industry.
- To develop and manage industry relationships to seek employment and opportunities for students in the industry.
- To maintain active linkages with recruiters through industry visits etc. for better liaison amongst recruiters, Electronics Engg. Department of UET, Taxila, and its students for both on-campus and off-campus recruitment drives.
- To manage the development of the Graduates Profile to be disseminated to prospective employers.
- To arrange career counseling and mentoring sessions by inviting industry experts for first and final-year students in various key domains including résumé writing, cover letter writing, interview skills etc.
The following lists the different recruitment drives that have been organized.
- Huawei on 15 June 2023
- Nayatel on 25 May 2023
- Descon on 03 April 2023
- Fauji Fresh n Freeze on 15 March 2023
- Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited on 12 December 2022
- PMO test was conducted to facilitate final year students.
- Fauji Fertilizer Corporation (FFC) recruitment test and interviews were conducted.
- Naya-Tel recruitment test for fresh graduates was conducted.
- Micro-tech Industries recruitment test was conducted.
- Lempro Melon recruitment drive was conducted to final year students.